Skip to main content

Lemon Chicken With Cherry Tomatoes

Monday came back around pretty quickly, but we had such a nice weekend filled with dinner with friends on Friday, shopping all day Saturday and heading to our favorite diner and then enjoyed a lovely Palm Sunday dinner at my family's. Today was back to the grind and I was in such a weird eating mood this morning. I started my day off with a sliced apple topped with some peanut butter and dry roasted peanuts. I was in the mood for something satisfying and that had the perfect crunch to it. For my mid-afternoon pick me up I made a peaches and cream shake using my vanilla Shakeology. It was so yummy and I tossed in a cup of frozen peaches and water and blended away. I still favor the chocolate the most and I think its because it satisfies my chocolate cravings. I haven't tried the strawberry yet, but I will make sure to let you guys know how it is. I hung out with this guy below for most of the day, Mr. Moo Moo! I just can't take that little face. He was trying to get in on some of my peaches and cream Shakeology too.


Last night I got a bit Pinterest happy while John watched Wrestlemania, which was awesome by the way (gotta' show some love for my old company)! I pinned a ton of great 21 day fix recipes and got so excited to get to cooking tonight. I took out some chicken breast to defrost this morning so I knew I wanted to make a tasty chicken dish for tonight and lemon chicken it was. I knew I had all of the ingredients in the house and my mom had sent us home with some leftover broccoli from dinner last night, so broccoli, chicken and some roasted asparagus was what was on the menu. John roasted the asparagus in the oven (I prefer the thin kind). We chopped off the stems, spread on a baking sheet and drizzled on some olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and once finished cooking, topped with balsamic and some crumbled feta. It was perfect! The crunch from the roasted asparagus and the creaminess from the feta hit the spot. Since it was so nice out tonight we decided to take Moo for a nice long walk around the neighborhood. Look at the sky from our porch view. No filter here. Stunning, right!? Makes me that much more excited about summer nights grilling on the porch.


The lemon chicken came out so good and the little pops from the sweet cherry tomatoes were the perfect addition. The recipe is super simple and is definitely one of my favorite ones by far on the 21 day fix. I didn't end up doing my cardio DVD today since we walked, but I plan on kicking butt tomorrow. Its arms and abs day baby. Ahh! I really have been feeling energized and satisfied since the start of the program. I've been drinking tons of lemon water and try to start my day off with a glass or two before anything else goes into my mouth. It gets my metabolism going and gives me a lot of energy and hydration before my day starts. Since Moo is with us this week I woke up and brought him out for a nice morning walk this AM. It was a good way to get my day going and he enjoyed it too :)

 
Well, tomorrow is another day and more to plan on what to cook for the rest of the week! I need to make a quick stop at the grocery store for some sliced turkey breast and few other odds and ends. Hope you all had a fabulous Monday. Happy cooking! 

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, pounded until 1/2 inch thick
  • 1/2 cup flour seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 cup cooking wine
  • 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
  • 1 lemon, sliced thin
  • 1/2 cup of low sodium/fat free chicken stock

Directions:

Coat your chicken breast in the seasoned flour. Make sure to shake off any excess flour. You will definitely have some left over and that's fine. Heat oil in a large deep skillet over medium high heat and brown chicken on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove your chicken onto a separate plate. Add wine and chicken stock to skillet, whisking all together and making sure to get all of the excess combined into the mixture. Boil for five minutes and then add your tomatoes. Cover skillet, turn the heat down to low and cook for about 10 minutes. Uncover skillet and add lemon slices and cook for 5 more minutes letting the lemons melt right into your sauce. Return chicken to skillet and make sure chicken is coated with sauce. I cooked on low semi covered for another 10-15 minutes and it came out perfectly tender. 


   



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Almond Poppy Seed + Lemon Loaf

Happy Spring? Yes,  the question mark is needed since we had snow on Long Island today and its April second! I'd say about six inches total, but we were happy to see the sun appear and melt some of it away. We started on some yard work this week and were getting the itch to start doing some planting, but luckily we held out for now. Snow days are always the best days to test out a new recipe and typically we like to try our hands at baking on these chilly days. We just received some of Kodiak Cake's  new Almond Poppy Seed Power Cakes Flapjack + Waffle mix. We decided to use this delicious mix for some baking and the results turned out absolutely delicious. Here's everything you will need:  Ingredients 3 cups of Kodiak Mix  1/2 cup of nonfat Greek yogurt 1 tsp vanilla extract  1 tsp of baking powder  3 eggs, beaten  4 tbsp of unsalted butter, softened  1/3 cup of brown sugar  3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk  3 tbsp of lemon zest  1/8 cup

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Banana bread is always a go-to when you have extra bananas hanging around the house. Its perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat after dinner. Toasted up with some butter or topped with your favorite jam or nut butter. We whipped up this simple and delicious recipe in just about an hour (including baking time). Here is everything you will need for this lovely  Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Ingredients 3 ripe bananas, mashed 1½ cup flour 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ teaspoon baking powder pinch of salt 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted ½ cup brown sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 egg 1 cup of chocolate chips Directions  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, use a mixer to mix the melted butter and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Mash bananas with a fork and beat in with egg and vanilla extract. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Combine wet dry mixtures. Fold in most of the chocolate chips, reserving

Lemon Butter Parmesan Pasta

What's better than some comfort food on a chilly day? We love making this simple pasta recipe that uses just a few ingredients, but also packs a lot of flavor and is guaranteed to leave you with a full belly. If you haven't tried BANZA before, definitely give it a shot. Its one of our favorite must-haves in the cupboard and packs lots of protein and flavor. You can find the brand at your local supermarkets and even Target. But, if you prefer to use something on hand, go ahead and dabble with whatever pasta you'd like! Here's everything you will need for this Lemon Butter & Parmesan Pasta: Servings:  For  2 Ingredients 1 box of your favorite Banza pasta (or whatever you have on hand! Cook as listed on on back of packaging)  1 lemon ¾ cup heavy cream 6 tbsp unsalted butter 3 oz finely grated Parmesan (about ¾ cup) Salt & pepper Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)  Directions  Prepare Banza: Bring at least 8 cups of salted water to a r